ERDOGAN was aware that, later that night, a team of the dissenters would come to capture him
- ERDOGAN asked his friend Serkan YAZICI to invite the media representatives to the Villa. He also said that an assassination team would be coming to the villa.
- ERDOGAN continued to stay at the villa until midnight after receiving the call from FIDAN which he persistently denies.
- ERDOGAN was aware that, later that night, a team of the dissenters would come to capture him. His preference not to change his location indicates that he could track the movements of that team. Otherwise, not changing his location to increase his personal safety is strange.
- After Army Chief Gen COLAK’s departure, Gen GULER, according to his second testimony dated 07 October 2016, went back to his office to continue his daily routine paperwork, leaving AKAR and FIDAN behind.
- GULER’s statement about returning to routine paperwork amid an unusual and risky situation is unusual.
- What AKAR and FIDAN talked or planned during the next one hour and forty minutes is not known.
Army Aviation School
- Gen COLAK arrived at Army Aviation School, completed a thorough inspection, and found nothing abnormal. Meanwhile, he often called Gen AKAR to report his findings.
- The meeting at TGS HQ about “Terrorism” ceased.
- According to his testimony, Maj Gen AKSAKALLI learned that AKAR and his deputy had a meeting with FIDAN at the HQ and suspected something abnormal.
- After the meeting, he tried to talk to Gen GULER, his immediate commander in the chain, but could not talk because he was busy. Then he left to join a wedding ceremony in Ankara.
- Although GULER testified that he returned to office for routine paperwork, AKSAKALLI testified that he was unable to talk to Gen GULER because he was busy.
- AKSAKALLI’s rush for participation for a wedding ceremony instead of insisting on meeting GULER amid coup allegations at the TGS is strange.
- Turkish Air Force Operations Center called and informed the Chief of Turkish Air Force Gen Abidin UNAL about the ban on military flights in Turkey. UNAL did not immediately react to this vital information and preferred to stay at the wedding ceremony with 24 Air Force Generals.
- UNAL, at his first testimony, did not mention his awareness of the military flight ban. Days later, he updated his testimony and stated that he was informed about the flight ban around 19:00. According to his testimony, he tried to reach AKAR and GULER but learned that they were in a meeting. UNAL could never talk to AKAR again.
- UNAL’s not insisting on talking with AKAR or GULER is unusual.
- The Commander of the Air Operations Command, Lt Gen Mehmet SANVER advised UNAL to send a Lieutenant General to Eskişehir Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) to increase their awareness and control the situation in the air., UNAL denied the request initially.
- UNAL’s denial to send a high-ranking general to Eskisehir upfront is strange.
- Additionally, UNAL and Lt Gen Nihat KOKMEN did not bring their wives to this important wedding of the second high-ranking official in the Air Force. KOKMEN’s wife was in Belgium, on vacation with her friends.
- The absence of UNAL’s and KOKMEN’s wives at the wedding is unusual.
- Furthermore, Air Force Lt Gen Yilmaz OZKAYA and his wife did not participate in the wedding either, instead, they were on vacation at a military recreation resort in Marmaris.
- OZKAYA later helped ERDOGAN’s safe departure from Dalaman and intervened in the dissenters’ operation against ERDOGAN.
- OZKAYA’s absence at the wedding is unusual.
- Gen AKAR called Lt Gen Metin GURAK, the Commander of Ankara Garrison, and ordered him to go swiftly to the Armored Division located at Etimesgut, Ankara to ensure no tanks or military vehicles were allowed to leave the unit.
- AKAR also ordered him later to proceed to the Army Aviation Command to join the Army Chief for inspection.
- The TGS Operations Center called the Prime Minister’s Coordination Center and the State Information Coordination Center to tell the cessation and prohibition of military flights over Turkey.
- Despite his Coordination Center was informed, Prime Minister YILDIRIM insists that he was not informed by anybody until later that night until the tanks rolled on the streets.
- YILDIRIM’s statement is strange.
- The Chief of the Turkish Navy ADM Bulent BOSTANOGLU was attending another wedding in Cinar Hotel, located at Yesilkoy, Istanbul.
- BOSTANOGLU testified that he was not informed by AKAR or GULER about the measures taken.
- AKAR’s and GULER’s failure to call the Chiefs of Navy, Air and Gendarmerie Service Chiefs is unusual.
Air Force HQ
- At Air Force HQ’s request, TGS HQ partially lifted the military flight ban for operational flights at the Syrian border and for an air display in Antalya.
- Having spent around two and a half hours with AKAR and GULER, FIDAN left TGS HQ.
- FIDAN’s departure was allegedly a kick-off signal to trigger dissenters’ activities.
- 33 Special Operations personnel left Akinci Base by a bus towards TGS HQ. These alleged dissenters later detained several Generals at TGS HQ and brought them to AKINCI.
- FIDAN’s presence at the HQ allegedly put time pressure on the dissenters, by giving them an impression that ERDOGAN and FIDAN had some awareness of their plan.
 See pages 505-511 at http://www.ensonhaber.com/dosyalar/id1.pdf