Why would Chief of Intelligence meet Chief of Religious Affairs?
- FIDAN allegedly met with Chief of Religious Affairs Mehmet GÖRMEZ after he left the TGS HQ. They agreed on a plan of using prayer calls (Sela) from all mosques in Turkey to urge people on the streets and squares to resist dissenters .
- Maj Gen Mehmet DISLI, head of the Military Transformation Department, who left earlier for home after duty hours, came back to TGS HQ. He has been a long time close associate to AKAR.
- According to AKAR’s testimony, Maj Gen DISLI entered his office and told him that “The operations had started; Battalions and Brigades are on their way, you’ll see soon… We would like to see you as our leader”. AKAR, very much surprised and with extreme anger, harshly scolded DISLI and told him that these were illegal acts which must be immediately ceased. He also added, “Who are you? Who is your leader…? No matter what you do to me, you cannot have me on your side!”
- With the landing of the last military aircraft airborne, the prohibition of military flights was fully implemented.
- Despite the military flight ban, Col Umit TATAN facilitated Brig Gen TERZI’s flight from Ankara to Diyarbakir. TATAN was loyal to Maj Gen AKSAKALLI and his actions were directed by him.
- AKSAKALLI facilitated TERZI’s travel to Ankara because his plan was to have his Military Aide kill him once he arrived at Special Forces Command, and later accuse him of plotting the coup and trying to take over the Special Forces Command.
- TERZI was accompanied by 24 Special Forces personnel, of which 20 were loyal to AKSAKALLI!
- 33 Personnel from Special Forces Command, who left Akinci Airbase earlier, arrived at TGS HQ, fully armed in Battle Dress Uniforms (BDUs).
- Many military officials in Ankara, Istanbul, Izmir and other cities were called back to their duty positions in response to a devastating terror threat in several cities in the country.
- In Ankara, for example, hundreds of personnel were called to the higher headquarters by Gen GULER’s directive.
- Many personnel, who responded to the official recall, were later accused of their involvement in the attempt.
- However, certain officials, who responded positively to the recall likewise, were protected by pro-ERDOGAN high ranking officials. They still serve in the Military.
- The Chief of the Air Force General Abidin UNAL, according to his testimony, was not aware of the coup attempt until a call from his wife around 21:30, telling him about the detention of an Air Force General in Ankara.
- UNAL testified that he tried to call AKAR and GULER but could not reach them.
- ERDOGAN persistently claims that he had the first call about the coup from his brother-in-law in Istanbul around 21:30. He stated that he was extremely surprised and that his first reaction to his brother-in-law was “Are you kidding?”
- He claims that he could not reach FIDAN until around 22:00 that night . He repeated the same statement to many media outlets, including his interview with media outlet A HABER .
- ERDOGAN lies about the timing. He was aware well in advance!
- According to Berat ALBAYRAK’s (ERDOGAN’s son-in-law) statement, Gen DUNDAR, commander of the 1st Army in Istanbul, called ERDOGAN and reaffirmed his loyalty to him. DUNDAR advised ERDOGAN to speed up his departure from Marmaris to Istanbul, guaranteeing his security .
- Gen DUNDAR persistently denied his contact with ERDOGAN despite ALBAYRAK’s confirmation at different occasions, including his interview with the media outlet A HABER.
- Although DUNDAR persistently denies, he was in constant and close coordination with ERDOGAN, together with the Governor and the Police Chief of Istanbul.
- According to AKAR’s testimony, after around 30 minutes of negotiation with DISLI and the other dissenters and persistently rejecting to lead the coup, he was detained by the Special Forces personnel at TGS HQ.
- AKAR did not secure his location and increase his personal security measures after having received the information from FIDAN. The reason has to be clarified.
- Army Chief Gen COLAK called Gen AKAR but could not reach him. COLAK was informed by Gen AKAR’s Military Aide that he and his Chief of Staff were ordered by AKAR to immediately come to the TGS HQ.
- Gen COLAK arrived at TGS and was detained by the same personnel from the Special Forces Command.
- KC-135 Tanker aircraft took off to refuel F-16s which were going to take off around half an hour later to fly over Ankara. A few tanker aircraft flew till early hours next morning.
- Maj Gen AKSAKALLI allegedly suspected of some people at the wedding he attended and decided to leave early.
- Minutes after his departure, he allegedly escaped from a plot aimed to capture him.
- From there on, he started to collaborate with Kemal ESKINTAN and FIDAN from MIT and used his trustees hidden among the dissenters to spoil their activities.
- FIDAN and AKSAKALLI talked many times during the night and organized the measures to foil the dissenters’ activities.